Harvest the free energy from our plentiful air to heat your water with the advanced Midea heat pump. This renewable energy water heating technology uses up to 65% less energy than conventional water heaters. You can also enjoy cheaper running costs with up to 3.5 times more economical to run than electric storage.
The Midea Heat Pump Hot Water System 170L/280L features a user-friendly controller with LCD and low operating noise. This single piece unit is designed for fast and easy installation. It is ideal for the replacement of electric storage hot water units and a great alternative to solar hot water, as rooftop panels are not required.
- Heat pumps produce significantly more heat energy than the power input, making them highly efficient water heaters
- Provide huge savings in running costs over an electric storage system
- Fast and easy replacement of existing electric storage hot water system
- Economical to purchase, install and run
How heat pumps work:
- A fan draws in air, containing heat energy, across the evaporator
- The evaporator turns the liquid refrigerant into a gas
- The compressor pressurises the refrigerant into a hot gas
- The hot gas inside the condenser coil heats the water inside the coil-wrapped tank
- The refrigerant reverts back to a liquid after heating the water and continues to the evaporator for the process to start again
|Element input power(W)
|Heating capacity-Heap Pump Only
|Max water temperature(C)
|Max rated input power(W)/current(A)
|Relief value pressure(kpa)
|Pipe connection diameter(mm)
|Outdoor resistance class
|Operating Mode Function
Parts & Labour: 1 year
Compressor: 3 years (Labour: 1 year)
Tank cylinder: 5 years (Labour: 3 years)
The highly energy-efficient Midea hot water heat pumps qualify to generate Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs) under the Federal Government RET scheme and so customers can use this to reduce the point of the sale price.